Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Wish I Was The One

                                                              by: LadyJo

Wish I was the one to put a smile on your face
To comfort you with the simplicity of my embrace
While attentively listening to the worries of your mind
As the aches of your heart you so openly define
Choosing to unlock your door and invite me in
To a place within the depths of your heart only a privileged few have been
An open welcome reserved just for me into your joys and pains
As you teach me how to love you through your emotional terrains
With a tender touch, I would hold your hand
With an open heart and mind, desiring to understand
While laboring to ease discouragement from your thoughts and memory
Succeeding to soothe your worries as I gently console you
Reminding you that through it all God will see you through
But…
I’m not the one to put a smile on your face
Or comfort you with the simplicity of my embrace
So I’ll have to abandon any thought that may leave a trace
To think that just my presence may replace
Any sadness caused by discouragement or disgrace
So I hope you’ll uncover what you seek
And to your heart your one true love will speak
Words of encouragement to give you hope
Lift you up and make you feel complete
So that your faith, nothing or no one may seize or defeat

No comments:

Post a Comment